The APTA Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) represents pediatric physical therapy and serves as a collective voice to support provision of the highest quality physical therapy services to children, their families, and adults with developmental disabilities. APTA Pediatrics is home to almost 6,000 members who seek to advance pediatric physical therapy through excellence in advocacy, education, and research, with the vision to optimize movement for lifelong meaningful participation of all children. Please join us to attain this goal!
See a list of APTA's membership benefits to physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and students, as well as video testimonials - you can't afford NOT to belong to your professional organization!
Find Out More About APPT
See Our APTA Pediatrics PowerPoint
Benefits of Academy Membership
Many of the benefits of Academy membership are available right on this Web site! To log in to the Academy Web site, type your APTA member number in the first line and your last name (with first letter capitalized) in the second.
- Access to members-only information on APTA Pediatrics user-friendly Web site.
- PPT is also accessible online and features quarterly podcasts, videos, and a journal club.
- Monthly electronic newsletters to keep you appraised of the latest happenings in the Academy and the pediatric physical therapy community.
- Free membership in any or all of APTA Pediatrics seven special interest groups (Pediatric Sports-Fitness, Adolescents & Adults with Developmental Disabilities, Neonatology, School-based PT, Early Intervention, Hospital-based PT, and Academic & Clinical Educators).
- Information and advice from your peers on practice, reimbursement, and other issues via the APTA Pediatrics Online Forums.
- The latest reimbursement and legislative news.
- Discounts on registration for Academy courses, including The APTA Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy Annual Conference (APPTAC), and APTA's Combined Sections Meeting.
- Access to Section-sponsored funding grants to support clinical research in pediatric physical therapy in amounts up to $30,000.
- Access a variety of Academy scholarships and awards to help fund the PCS process, dues, and attendence at continuing education programs
- Discounts on Academy products.
- Access to fact sheets on a variety of issues of interest to pediatric therapists.
- An Academy Career Center that allows Academy members to create a (free) account to determine a highly targeted focus on employment opportunities; post resumes and job applications anonymously; create an advanced Job Alert system that notifies candidates of new opportunities matching their own pre-selected criteria; and access to industry-specific jobs often not seen on other job boards.
- Ability to participate in the Academy Mentoring Program
- Most importantly, you'll be part of a network of members - in your state, in your practice area, and across the country - and a part of a collective voice for pediatric physical therapy. APTA Pediatrics network is there to help support your practice.
- There are many opportunities for you to get involved in leadership through an elected position, through one of our special interest groups, in one of the standing committees, or on a state level, or even as a pediatric speaker, mentor, or on a task forces based on your particular interest and expertise!
Benefits for PTAs
The APTA Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy has many PTA members, just like you. We hope you will consider joining the Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy.
In addition to all the other Academy benefits outlined above, the Academy has several benefits that are of specific interest to PTAs, including:
If you have any additional ideas for benefits for PTA members, please contact the Academy Office.
Benefits for Students
The APTA Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy has more than 300 student members. We hope you will consider joining the Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy.
Information for Students and New Professionals
In addition to all the other Academy benefits outlined above, the Academy has several benefits that are of specific interest to Students, including:
If you have any additional ideas for benefits for Student members, please contact the Academy Office.
To join the Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy, go to www.apta.org, and click "Join."