The APTA Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy seeks to advance pediatric physical therapy through excellence in advocacy, education, and research with the vision to optimize movement for lifelong, meaningful participation for all children. We serve as a collective, collaborative voice to support access to and provision of the highest quality physical therapy services to children, adults with developmental disabilities, and their families.
APTA Pediatrics is home to almost 6,000 members who work to enhance the abilities and lives of the children and families we work alongside each day. APTA Pediatrics is committed to furthering our knowledge to better serve the children in our communities, and hosts a variety of continuing education courses, including the APTA Pediatrics Annual Conference. The Annual Conference brings together pediatric therapists from across the country and around the globe to network, share ideas, and advance our area of practice.
The field of pediatrics is growing rapidly - APTA Pediatrics invites you to join us and access the many great benefits of APTA Pediatrics membership, including:
- APTA Pediatrics grants to support members' clinical research
- Discounts to participate in high-quality continuing education events (in person and virtual)
- Up-to-date pediatric practice information and networking through free membership in any of our 10 special interest groups (Adolescents & Adults with Developmental Disabilities, Early Intervention, Hospital-Based, Pediatric Sports-Fitness, School-Based, Neonatology, Academic & Clinical Educators, Residencies & Fellowships, Cardiovascular & Pulmonary, and Student & New Professional)
- Resources and tips for reimbursement in pediatric settings
- Access to the APTA Pediatrics' award-winning, international quarterly journal, Pediatric Physical Therapy, including video interviews, podcast, and PPT: Beyond the Read article-based courses for CEUs
- Public relations tools, campaigns, and ideas to promote pediatric physical therapy
- Milestones, our monthly electronic newsletter with the news you need to know
- Mentoring programs for new and seasoned professionals
- Free membership in the International Organization of Physical Therapists in Paediatrics (a subgroup of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy)
- Resources, scholarships, and study groups to support becoming a Pediatric Certified Specialist
- Awards, scholarships, and lectureships to provide recognition and financial support
- A variety of ways to interact, including APTA Pediatrics member forums, where you can ask questions, share knowledge, and discuss ideas
- "Members only" access to the APTA Pediatrics website
- Just for PTAs: PTA community and events, Advanced Proficiency Pathways (APP) in Pediatrics program support
- Just for Students & New Professionals: SNP community and events, SNP scholarships to attend CSM and APTA Pediatrics Annual Conference
To join APTA Pediatrics, click here.
If you're not eligible to join APTA, find out how you can become an APTA Pediatrics Partner.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.