The purpose of the Neonatology SIG shall be to provide forums where Section and Association members may confer, meet, and promote high standards of practice for Families and infants at high-risk for developmental disabilities in neonatal and Outpatient settings.
Neonatology SIG News
APPT Proposed Bylaw Revisions
Future of Physical Therapy - Interviews by Shirley Sahrmann PT, PhD, FAPTA and Susan Effgen, PT, PhD, FAPTA
Interviews by Shirley Sahrmann PT, PhD, FAPTA and Susan Effgen, PT, PhD, FAPTA
ACE SIG Newsletters
Neonatology SIG Resources
- Neonatal Fellowship programs are in development. If you are interested in more information about these 6-12 month programs to prepare you for clinical practice in the NICU please contact the programs directly.
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia - Physical Therapy Neonatology Fellowship Program
- Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions is Partnering with Seattle Children's Hospital (Seattle, WA) contact Jane Sweeney for more information.
- Nationwide Children's Hospital in collaboration with West Virginia University - Neonatal Physical Therapy Fellowship Program. Contact Kimberley Scott for more information.
- Neonatology Guidelines can be found in Pediatric Physical Therapy - APPT Members Access to PPTJ
- Social Media of Interest to SIG Members
- Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy Annual Conference (APPTAC) has a track sponsored by the NN SIG each year
- The Dr. Jane Sweeney Neonatology Lectureship is presented by a scholar in the field of neonatal medicine or development each year at the APTA Combined Sections Meeting.
- Neonatal Didactic Training Resource List - The NN SIG has developed a resource lists for individuals who are interested in learning about physical therapy practice with neonates. This resource lists is a great place to start before working with a mentor in the specialized area of neonatal physical therapy practice.