The Hospital-Based SIG provides opportunities for networking and learning related to the practice of pediatric physical therapy in acute and intensive care, rehab, clinics, and outpatient services (hospital-based and free-standing). Our focus includes education and resources for diagnosis-specific patient management, including health promotion.
The HB-SIG hosts meetings at CSM, programming for SoPAC, and teleconferences twice a year. We share information via the Section on Pediatrics E-News and through emails to our registered members. We welcome Section members to join the Hospital-Based SIG, participate in these activities, and suggest additional ways we can share resources and information.
Hospital-based Physical Therapy SIG News
Future of Physical Therapy - Interviews by Shirley Sahrmann PT, PhD, FAPTA and Susan Effgen, PT, PhD, FAPTA
Interviews by Shirley Sahrmann PT, PhD, FAPTA and Susan Effgen, PT, PhD, FAPTA
Background: In 1988, the Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy (then the Section on Pediatrics) made a motion to create a peer-reviewed journal. Academy leaders approached publisher Williams & Wilkins (now Wolters Kluwer) with a proposal to jointly form a journal, with the Academy providing editorial expertise and a subscription base and WK taking the financial risk and handling the production. In return, WK owned the title Pediatric Physical Therapy and had full copyright on all published content. During contract renegotiations in 2002, the Academy requested and was granted co-ownership of copyright for journal articles.
ACE SIG Newsletters
Hospital-based Physical Therapy SIG Resources
- 2017 Evaluation Codes for Physical Therapy
- Hypertonia Assessment
- Pediatric vital signs
- Torticollis CPG - Action Plan
- For fact sheets and resources on acute care, specific diagnoses, interventions, and reimbursement, go to the Fact Sheet & Resource page.
- Plagio Severity Scale
- Click here for a link to Tummy Time Tools from Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Visit the Pediatric Physical Therapy page to see articles of interest published in the Academy's peer-reviewed journal. - APPT Members Access to PPTJ