The Hospital-Based SIG provides opportunities for networking and learning related to the practice of pediatric physical therapy in acute and intensive care, rehab, clinics, and outpatient services (hospital-based and free-standing). Our focus includes education and resources for diagnosis-specific patient management, including health promotion.
The HB-SIG hosts meetings at CSM, programming for SoPAC, and teleconferences twice a year. We share information via the Section on Pediatrics E-News and through emails to our registered members. We welcome Section members to join the Hospital-Based SIG, participate in these activities, and suggest additional ways we can share resources and information.
Hospital-based Physical Therapy SIG News
APPT Proposed Bylaw Revisions
Future of Physical Therapy - Interviews by Shirley Sahrmann PT, PhD, FAPTA and Susan Effgen, PT, PhD, FAPTA
Interviews by Shirley Sahrmann PT, PhD, FAPTA and Susan Effgen, PT, PhD, FAPTA
ACE SIG Newsletters
Hospital-based Physical Therapy SIG Resources
- 2017 Evaluation Codes for Physical Therapy
- Hypertonia Assessment
- Pediatric vital signs
- Torticollis CPG - Action Plan
- For fact sheets and resources on acute care, specific diagnoses, interventions, and reimbursement, go to the Fact Sheet & Resource page.
- Plagio Severity Scale
- Click here for a link to Tummy Time Tools from Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Visit the Pediatric Physical Therapy page to see articles of interest published in the Academy's peer-reviewed journal. - APPT Members Access to PPTJ