Do you have an idea for a new course but need help developing it? Do you have an existing course that you’d like to either build through APTA Pediatrics or market to our members? We offer many different formats, including live webinars, on-demand courses, and in-person programming, and we’re here to help!
CREATE A COURSE
If you have an idea for an online course, APTA Pediatrics provides guidance and support to create it.
PRESENT A COURSE ON THE EDUCATION HUB
If you have a fully developed independent study/self-paced or hybrid online course and need a place to host it, APTA Pediatrics can build it in the Education Hub and promote it to members and nonmembers.
PROMOTE YOUR OWN COURSE
If you have an existing independent self-study/self-paced or hybrid online course on your own platform, APTA Pediatrics can promote it to our members and nonmembers to get the word out.
How Does It Work?
Submit a Course Proposal here, and indicate if you’d like to Create, Present, or Promote under Course Description. Within a few weeks, you’ll hear from a member of our Professional Development Team to discuss your idea or topic and see which path might work for you. All three options provide an annual profit share based on sales.
Benefits of Collaborating with APTA Pediatrics
- Receive Guidance: The Professional Development Team reviews all proposals and provides guidance in the development/improvement of your course. The Team includes experienced and knowledgeable academicians and physical therapists who regularly teach or have extensive past teaching experience. All feedback and course improvement recommendations are geared to help you succeed.
- Increase Your Reach: Whether you are a seasoned or novice educator, teaching through APTA Pediatrics increases your visibility as a content expert. APTA Pediatrics will promote your course to our 6K members and to the general public through our website, which gets thousands of visitors each month; social media channels, with thousands of member and nonmember followers; and our newsletter, which is delivered directly to our APTA Pediatrics members and Partners.
- Increase Educational Opportunities: By offering a course through APTA Pediatrics, you are equipping physical therapy professionals with research, knowledge, and skills that they can implement in their clinical practice to better serve their patients. You also increase education opportunities and cultivate our community of professionals highly invested in their educational and professional growth!
- Earn Extra Income: Collaborating with APTA Pediatrics will provide you and the Academy with profit from your course(s).
Stages of the Professional Development Collaboration Process
The Professional Development Team will assess the course proposal for evidence and alignment with APTA Pediatrics goals, mission, vision, and strategic plan. Professional Development Team members will maintain confidentiality to ensure that course content will not be shared outside of the committee or used without permission. You can expect the following timelines for review: 1-5 hour course: <3 Weeks to Review; 6-10 hour course: <5 Weeks to Review; 11+ hour course: <8 Weeks to Review. If additional review time is needed, you will be notified.
If the proposal is ready to go, you will proceed to Stage 4.
If the proposal requires edits, the Professional Development Team will work with you based on the same timeline as outlined in Stage 2 (you may also request an extension). The Professional Development Team is here to help you succeed and provides recommendations and feedback with the intent of improving the course.
The Professional Development Team will discuss payment models based on whether you Create, Present, or Promote a course.
- Create a Course: If you have an idea for a course, APTA Pediatrics provides guidance and support to create it. Courses that are created jointly and presented via the APTA Pediatrics Education Hub will be considered an APTA Pediatrics course and will be covered by APTA Pediatrics for CEUs. You will receive a share of the profit based on annual sales, typically 25-40%. You will be listed as Speaker. The course will be owned jointly by you and APTA Pediatrics.
- Present a Course: If you have a fully developed On-Demand or Cohort course, APTA Pediatrics can build it in the Education Hub and promote it to members and nonmembers. Courses that are created by you and presented via the APTA Pediatrics Education Hub will be considered a joint APTA Pediatrics course and will be covered by APTA Pediatrics for CEUs. You will receive a share of the profit based on annual sales, typically 40-60%. You will be listed as the Speaker and will own all copyrights and other intellectual property of the course materials (including the course proposal submission). You will retain the right to teach the course outside of APTA Pediatrics and are encouraged to advertise the course within and outside APTA Pediatrics at will.
- Promote a Course: If you have an existing course on your own continuing education platform, APTA Pediatrics can promote it to our members and nonmembers. Courses that have been built on an external platform and promoted through APTA Pediatrics will be considered affiliate courses. These will not be covered by APTA Pediatrics for CEUs. You will provide a discounted registration rate for APTA Pediatrics members; we will build registration through the Education Hub and promote the course. Once the registration deadline has passed, you will receive a one-time payout of registrations collected through APTA Pediatrics (typically 60-75%), along with a list of registrants. You maintain all copyrights and other intellectual property of the course materials (including the course proposal submission). You will retain the right to teach the course outside of APTA Pediatrics and are encouraged to advertise the course within and outside APTA Pediatrics at will.
Once the agreement is signed, you and the Professional Development Team will determine the timeline to launch the course, as well as pricing and other materials needed for launch. For courses that will be housed in the APTA Pediatrics Education Hub (ie, all except promoted/affiliate courses), independent study/self-paced, or hybrid online course content may be recorded on your own or using the APTA Pediatrics Zoom account. Recordings and other materials will be reviewed and approved by the Professional Development Team prior to posting in the Education Hub. Once the course is built, registration will open and the course will be promoted through APTA Pediatrics communication channels.
For courses that are housed in the APTA Pediatrics Education Hub (ie, all except promoted/affiliate courses), up to 5 presenters will receive an annual profit share based on sales. (The percentage will be determined with the Professional Development Team when the agreement is signed.) A minimum payout of $50 is required for a check to be cut; if the payment doesn’t reach this threshold, the profit will be rolled into the following year’s payment or at the end of the course if necessary.
For promoted/affiliate courses that are only promoted through APTA Pediatrics, once the course cancellation deadline has passed, a one-time check for 75% of the registration income collected by APTA Pediatrics will be sent to a single contact. Once the registration deadline has passed, the course will be removed from the APTA Pediatrics Education Hub.
All courses that are housed in the APTA Pediatrics Education Hub will be removed 3 years after the course is launched. Presenters may choose to resubmit or update the course at that time (or prior to the 3-year timeframe if appropriate) by resubmitting a Course Proposal as outlined in Stage 1.