This 2-day course is intended for physical therapists who provide, or intend to provide, related services under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The course highlights advanced practice issues, in addition to the foundational information. Sessions provide information on decision making and the delivery of physical therapy services to support the educational program for all students with disabilities.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the primary federal laws and regulations pertaining to the education of children with disabilities under IDEA and the provision of related services.
- Make appropriate decisions regarding evaluation, examination, models of service delivery, evidence-based interventions, assistive technology, transportation, and fitness.
- Apply knowledge gained to influence and advocate for appropriate services for children with disabilities in their communities.
- Appreciate the role of the school-based physical therapist in preparing students and their families for the post-school transition.
- Apply the principles of data-based practice.
- Describe evaluation and intervention for students with autism spectrum disorders.
Accomodations & Travel
Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley
1000 South Sherman Street
Richardson, TX 75081
Phone: (972) 235-5000
For reservations, please call Marriott Reservations at (800) 321-2211 or the hotel at (972) 235-5000 or click here to register online before Wednesday, June 24, 2020. Those wanting double rooms should register as soon as possible. Identify yourself as part of the Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy group. A group breakfast is included and a shuttle will be available in the morning to the conference and a return shuttle in the afternoon.
- Hotel Website
- $84 plus tax/night, breakfast included.
- Shuttle service will be available in the morning to the conference and a return shuttle in the afternoon